That's me!

That's me!
The hen house Baya built...summer 2012

Saturday 31 July 2010

LES VACANCES A LA MAISON



I get all french when I write this blog for some reason. Anyway, we are on holiday for two weeks but after having looked at prices for renting a cottage in the countryside and fainted at the prices, we remembered that we live in a cottage in the countryside therefore there was very little point in renting another one somewhere else.

So we are on holiday at home. This means that we have the same spending money as if we were away, we are allowed to go to Waitrose and buy fine wines and lovely olives and we can do what we want when we want to.

This experiment, which is still in its infancy, day two, is teaching me that "being on holiday" is a real state of mind because I am allowing myself to do stuff at home like...do nothing at all, stay in bed reading in the morning and, o horror of horrors, contemplating having breakfast BEFORE taking a shower...the slothfullness is hideous, I said contemplating mind you, have not done it yet, will report if I do.

The photo is of the armchair that we have just re-covered and taken the arms off, I should have taken a before and after photo but...ah well.

I also want to show you a picture of the garden but not sure how I put another picture in, I want it right here, now, give me a minute. Not it still on the top bit, annoying!

Must dash, friend come round for lunch! Talks soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment