That's me!

That's me!
The hen house Baya built...summer 2012

Saturday 7 August 2010

LES VACANCES...??? WHAT VACANCES!!!!


Harvest

This is not actually the whole harvest, just one potatoes plant! So great, loads to harvest further.

As to this holiday at home malarkey...well don't try it at home (ah ah ah). Although it was great on Monday, going to London and playing at being tourists (gorgeous Nimrod rooms at the British Museum), since then its all been work work work, what with the harvest having got to go in, the digging in the back, the painting of the summer house (cedar red, gorgeous), the sending of the lavender to Shetlands, I tell you it is not a holiday at all.

Only, of course, we could argue that I am always on holiday. Watch out, I am just about to get all philosophical about this...holidays used to be for holy days and my days are fairly holy. I love my life, its great and I love not having to work, there I have said it. The nasty little voice (probably my dear mother's) that sits on my right shoulder is saying that it is not possible to not work, its not healthy, a woman my age...blah blah blah. Hold on a minute, I've just hit it over the head and its fallen off its perch.

Because, you see, what matters is the harvest and my harvest is so beautiful!

Its Lamas Tide in my calendar and Lamas is the first harvest, the wheat harvest. The other Friday during Gardeners Time, Aliss was saying that in the first year, you need to take all the apples off your new apple tree because you need to let the roots grow before allowing the tree to bear fruits... what a lesson! I was amazed. Think about it a minute... what if I allowed my lovely little dream to grow its roots before I demand to harvest fruits, what about that hey!!

But its so difficult to do whinges the voice which has managed to climb back on my right shoulder, this time I have decided to not biff it over the head but ask it politely to go and get a job herself, a goodly well paid salaried job that involves a lot of time on commuter trains. She loves the idea and has just gone off to peruse the papers... no really, that's what has just happened. You get a job dearie and I'll stay here and do my blog and start my little Etsy shop and enjoy myself, you can tell me all about it when you get back!

Hurrah! So Lamas resolution is to allow the roots to grow and not demand fruits. I will give this one year, Lamas to Lamas and by next year, I may  well have fruits!

Keep you posted! Thanks for listening

Happy Harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment