That's me!

That's me!
The hen house Baya built...summer 2012

Monday 19 July 2010

Making logs whilst the sun shines

Not blogs...logs!

Hello anyway.

My friend, The Urban Selfsufficient Star (USS) and myself decided to spend this very hot afternoon making logs. Well, we need to start thinking about the winter don't we. Now come on, that is one of the joys of selfsufficiency ishness, plan ahead, never enjoy the moment (don't listen to those that say LIVE IN THE NOW, they are not gardeners. If you live in the now then your garden will be awash with weeds and nothing much else - actually, I have much to say on the subject of weeds, permaculture, tram and nettles but not today so...).

Making logs. I bought that plastic contraption for a sum that I am not prepared to reveal and would probably keep me in wood logs for a year. The plastic contraption claims to make logs out of newspapers, sawdust and anything you happen to have handy. Well not cats and dogs, we tried but they ran away.

I am glad to report that after 3 hours of giggling, with blackened hands (newspapers print), sawdust in our hair, very cross pets and a smiling fondly Beloved, we made 20 paper logs in the shape of large crakers (happy christmas everyone). These paper logs will keep us warm for at least five minutes and will soon be offered on ebay at a very reasonable price and £20.00 postage (postage always outrageous).

USS and I think there might be a workshop in it...what do you think?

Otherwise, well we can always talk about lavenders...aaaaarrrrggllll

No comments:

Post a Comment